Dr. Flynn is a respected sports medicine doctor in Phoenix well-known for treating patients from a wide variety of sports for foot and ankle conditions. He is trusted by professional and everyday athletes as a sports medicine doctor in Phoenix. As a fellowship-trained foot and ankle surgeon, Dr. Flynn is experienced in treating athletic foot and ankle injuries both conservatively and surgically, when required. He understands that for athletes, a recovery plan that allows them to get "back to play" is key.
Sports Medicine: Common Foot and Ankle Conditions for Athletes
- Ankle Sprains – One of the more common sports injuries that is important to get evaluated because an ankle fracture can also present like an ankle sprain.
- Heel Pain – Often related to plantar fasciitis, heel pain can also be caused by a stress fracture or nerve injury.
- Stress Fracture – An incomplete break in the bone typically due to repetitive activity.
- Achilles Tendon Disorders – An inflammation of the tendon that runs down the back of the lower leg. If not properly treated, degeneration of the tendon will continue leading to tears and possibly rupture of the tendon.
- Morton’s Neuroma – Stemming from overuse, this is a thickening of nerve tissue in the ball of the foot resulting from compression and irritation of the nerve.
When an athletic foot or ankle injury does occur, early evaluation and treatment will result in the best outcome. Dr. Flynn will work with you to determine the best treatment plan based on your athletic goals. He understands that for athletes, getting back to play is essential. He will work with you to discuss your goals for treatment and collaborate with you to develop a plan that best fits your athletic needs.
Do You Have a Sports-Related Foot or Ankle Injury?
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Flynn here.